Wednesday, May 11, 2011

FOTD: Victorian Style? (Bad gone good)


The other day, (this is from like, 2 weeks ago!) I was sitting at my vanity doing my make-up and decided to use two of my favourite MAC shadows in a combination - MAC's Mulch eyeshadow, and MAC's Sketch eyeshadow.

Starting out with the look, I applied Mulch e/s all over the lid, and used Sketch e/s in the crease - and I immediately didn't like the look. It reminded me of something from a dark, drafty, damp room in a Victorian castle.

Photo credit

And I just wasn't feeling it. One thing about me is that I HATE doing my make-up and then taking it off and doing it again. So I just decided to go with it and finish the look. Adding liner and mascara and having the look completed differently changed my perception of the look and I ending up liking it.

I find that applying finishing touches (such as liner, mascara, etc..) definitely changes and completes a look.

My biggest problem with this look is the trouble I had with the lashes. I honestly had took them off and reapplied them about 7-8 times. I originally had on the E.L.F Natural lashes, but finally switched them to the Bare Elements lashes from Dollarama.


USED:
UDPP (as primer)
MUFE Aqua Cream # 15 (as base)
MAC Mulch e/s (all over the lid)
MAC Sketch e/s (outer corner/crease)
MAC Woodwinked e/s (in tearduct)
Wet n' Wild Color Icon Palette in Greed (matte black in outer V)
MAC Orb e/s (as highlight)
MAC Blacktrack fluidline
Maybelline Falsies mascara
Bare Elements lashes
MAC Night Maneuvers e/s (to fill in brows)
Annabelle Eye Kohl e/l in Black (on waterline)

7 comments:

Lais said...

Very pretty look!

CosmeticConvulsion said...

I love the look! It makes me want to try something similar tomorrow >>

AskMeWhats said...

Nice eyeshadow look! I seriously love your brows!!!

Sugar said...

love the look <3

http://t7cell.blogspot.com/

Chris said...

I don't think this is bad at all. It is a variation of the smokey eye, and it works for daytime.

Ouidad Blog said...

Your eyes look gorgeous, great job! You could wear that look to work or out on the town for the evening. Great job!

Katie for Ouidad

Neeyuh said...

Very pretty look! I agree eyeliner and mascara definitely pull a look together!