Monday, April 23, 2012

ELF 32 Eyeshadow Palette - Quick Review & FOTD




I bought this ELF 32 eyeshadow palette months ago from Winners for $9.99 CDN. I'm not really sure what compelled me to purchase it, but it ended up in my collection and untouched for months.

I was interested in blogging about this palette and reviewing it, but I hardly touched it. I used it once initally when I first purchased it, but I wasn't impressed - I really had to dig in and pack the colour on, and it faded unusually bad by the end of the day.

I finally decided to dust it off the other day and try to do a look using the palette:







Here is what I used:
» Using my finger, I primed my lid and brow bone using UDPP.
» Using my finger again, I applied MAC's Soft Ochre paintpot on my lid and blending it into my crease.
» Using a stiff eyeshadow brush - I used my SpaResource's Medium eyeshadow brush - and applied the first shade heavily on the inner two thirds of my lid, blending it slightly in the crease.
» Using the other side of the same brush, I packed on the second colour on the outer third of my lid and blended it in the crease.
» I blended everything using my MAC 217 brush.
» Using the same blending brush, I applied MAC's Omega eyeshadow as a blendind colour between the crease and brow bone.
» I applied MAC's Orb eyeshadow on my brow bone using the Quo All Over eyeshadow brush.
» Lined my eyes using the Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush and MAC Blacktrack fluidline.
» Applied Maybelline's Falsies mascara and false lashes (not sure of the brand or #, I mixed all my lashes up) with Duo's clear lash glue.

» For my face I applied my MUFE HD Foundation in #127 with my Sephora Professional #45 mineral powder brush and set it with the Tarte Amazon finishing powder.
» I contoured with my ELF Studio Line blush brush and MAC's Harmony blush and applied Essence's blush in Adorable.

The colours are pigmented enough, on a scale from 1 to 10 - 10 being very pigmented, I would give the palette a 6. However, once you start blending, the eyeshadow tends to fade, so you do have to go back and forth and pack the colour on.

I'm not a big fan of the colour selection, just because I feel it's hard for me to find colour combinations to work with - I usually tend to go for monochromatic looks though.

I think this would be a nice palette for someone who is starting out in make-up, these palettes retail for $5.00 on the ELF website. Which is pretty reasonable - but like I mentioned, I purchased my palette and Winners for $9.99 CDN. If you're someone who has an established collection, you probably won't reach for this palette often because of the fact you have to go back and forth to pack the colours on.

2 comments:

_Oasis_ said...

Thanks for the review. :) You look lovely.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous look and review! I love your brows!
Just tagged you in a post on my blog check it out :)
Btw i'm a new follower! Great blog!
Marla
marlaandmakeup.blogspot.com