Monday, January 23, 2012

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it.." My Experience w/ MAC Studio Finish concealer!

After about approximently 1 year and a half of use, I finally finished my MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW30.

I bought this on a whim during one of my trips to the MAC counter, and it quickly made it's way into my everyday routine. I don't think I have dark circles under my eyes that are that bad, but when I apply concealer it instantly brightens my eyes up and makes me look more awake.

Even if I stayed up all night working on an assignment I had 3 weeks to do, I just slap this on in the morning and I'm good to go! No, "damn you look tired" comments needed.

I love this concealer because it's opaque, I don't feel I have to pack it on, and it lasts pretty much all day for me! There is fading by 10-11pm, I do apply my make-up at 7am, so I ain't mad!

It does crease, but I think with any concealer that you apply under your eyes will crease - given that there's a lot of movement in that area and everyone has natural creases under their eyes that their concealer will set in to.

Once I started hitting pan, I started researching about other under-eye concealers that were top hits in the beauty community. Even though I had no problems with the MAC Studio Finish concealer, I just wanted to try something new.

But then I remembered the saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Even though there are a million and one different brands and types of concealer out there, I feel as a beauty blogger, and as a girl that gets bored of one colour nail polish a couple of days after, I wanted to experiement and try something new and see what else is out there.

But, if I'm happy with what I have now, why waste the time, money and energy in looking for something new?


Trying to stay in tune with my New Year's resolution of limiting the amount of makeup I buy, I didn't want to spend money looking for something I was already content with.

For example, I don't have a Sephora in my local mall, so if I wanted to search for a new concealer - I would have to drive or communte to closest one. (either Square One in Mississauga, Yorkdale or Eaton Centre) $$.


If I did do that, I probably wouldn't just shop at Sephora, but also other stores (ie: the MAC freestanding store, the bigger H&M, the Coach store, Brown shoes, Zara, Victoria Secret and VS Pink, Forever 21, etc..) $$. Also having to pay for lunch, and if my sister goes with me usually I end up purchasing something for her/paying for lunch, and that's more $$.

So at the end of the day, to me, a trip to find a new concealer at the closest mall with a Sephora would cost a minimum of $200.

That's not including if I have to return or exchange the new concealer that I wanted to try (or anything else for that matter).

All in all, I'm happy with MAC's Studio Finish concealer to use on my under-eyes, and I have no complaints. So really, if it ain't broke, why should I fix it?


Anyone else understand or feel my pain?

10 comments:

Devea said...

haha totally agree with you! especially with beauty products because you never know what you are gonna get with new brands!

DeborahYanni said...

I love this concealer!!! My fav!!

Askmewhats said...

I am exactly the same person you were referring to! hahah though a brand works for me, I can't help but wonder if there's a better one out there and at the end always goes back to the original "LOVE" :) I haven't tried this concealer on myself would you believe? I do use this on clients though :)
Thanks and happy Lunar New yEar

Jen said...

I used to love that product but then it starting making my eyelids dry.

G A B Y said...

Oooh I understand what you mean but I have to really REALLY afll in a love with a product to call it HG and swear I won't use anything else ever again - that happened with my beloved Marcelle Cleansing Water and with My Lip Stuff lip balms, but those are the only things I can truly say I won't stray way from. Otherwise, I tend to be a little too adventurous!

Lizbeth-Glamstyln' said...

This is my favorite concealer of all times.. LOVE it. !

I have finished a few of them and still always go back for more.

blessings.

Joanne said...

I never tried this concealer since I got some concealers that are working just fine for me too but someday I might just give this a try. :)
http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com

Fashionable Memories said...

I love MAC concealer!!! I really enjoy reading your blog posts!!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thank you so much in advance!!!

★ bedylicious ★ said...

I agree with you and surprisingly we made the same new year's resolution "think before buying makeup". I recently discovered how to use my studio finish concealer and I am in love with it.

By the way; I am a big fan of your blog and I am from Mozambique (Africa) and I visit your blog almost every day and I love your eyebrows.

ranzuosky said...

Most of us believe that our hair is our crowning glory.These training seminars has been a great opportunity for the hairstylist.It will enhance their skills and will make their work efficient thus providing satisfaction to prospective clients.

best regards,
Blue Butterfly Hair Extensions

Hair Extensions
Keratin hair extensions
Fusion Hair Extensions
wholesale hair extensions
Seamless Tape Hair Extensions