Monday, December 19, 2011

NOTD ft. Nails INC Magnetic Polish





My sister recently purchased the new Nails INC. Magnetic Polish in House of Parliament from Sephora (retails for $18 CDN) and I thought I'd show you it as my NOTD.

To be honest, in my opinion, it's not really a unique polish, as far as the "magnetic properties" goes. I applied two coats of colour, and immediately after I applied the second coat of polish I hovered the magnet attached to the cap over my wet nail. For some reason the effect wasn't so prominent on my nails - despite hovering the magnet for varies amounts of time - but if I look really closely, it does have a cool 3D effect.

It's the second day of wearing this polish and there's some chip wear - which I don't normally see until around day 3 of my manicures.

Is it worth the $18? Eh.. not really in my opinion. However, it did look better on my sister's nails, and the effect was more visible. So maybe it's just a user error or a practise-using-it thing, but regardless, I wouldn't pay for it.

Here's what I used for this manicure:




Left to right:
Essie Disappearing Trick cuticle remover
OPI Nail Envy (original) - two coats
Nails INC. Magnetic Polish in House of Parliament - 2 coats
Seche Vite top coat - one coat
OPI Avoplex cuticle oil


Have you used the Nails INC. magnetic polishes? Did you have better luck with it than I did?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I work at Sephora and when I do a demo on some of my clients hands it doesn't always work I found that it works better when you apply two good wet coats but dont let it dry then put the magnet over for about 20 seconds. Although some clients the final look wasn't always as intense as i've seen on others. None the less your nails look great!

Donna said...

i actually like the magnetic look it's so weird and sort of animal printish. love the purple color too!