Monday, November 29, 2010

Sally's Haul & NOTD

It's been a while since I posted a "haul" - but that doesn't mean I haven't been purchasing anything! I stopped by Sally's yesterday because I haven't been into one in a while, and I wanted to see if they had any of their Sally Girl glitters (I don't own any glitters).

Unfortunately, they didn't have any in stock, but I picked up a few other things:


1) Beauty Secrets Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover


2) Beauty Secrets Nail Polish Thinner - I decided to try this out because I have quite a few old favourite polishes that are starting to become unusable. I tried it on my China Glaze Ruby Pumps polishes which is starting to go through that gloopy route, and it worked pretty well. You only need a few drops and then shake it up and it's good as new. I also tried it on my old bottle of Seche Vite top coat but it didn't work on that at all.


3) Savy Nail Lacquer in Deja Blue - this is just a simple inky dark blue. Nothing extraordinary. I've never tried anything from this brand before, so I thought I'd pick it up.

4) Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat - this has been a cult product for a lot of people, and this is my second bottle. I really like the "fast drying"part, because it literally takes seconds for my polish to dry - which I LOVE - I hate messing up a manicure because I managed to knock my hand against something, but this eliminates that. The only thing I don't like is that the polish gets goopy quick. 3/4 into my bottle it started becoming unusable. Also, I've noticed that it makes all the layers of my polish stick together and they peel off after a couple of days.


5) Sally Girl Baked Eyeshadow - this doesn't have a name on it, but it's this pretty bronze colour. This thing is seriously tiny. I've seen this mentioned on blogs in the past but I didn't think it would be as tiny as it is:

Compared to a MAC 5 gram sample jar.

It's pigmentation is pretty good wet & dry. I'll probably throw this into my make-up bag for those days where I want to add a wash of colour to my lid - this would be perfect for that.

Here are some swatches:

Top swatch is dry, bottom swatch is wet.

Here is my manicure for last week, I originally had on Revlon's nail polish in Rock (no pictures of that - sorry!), but I started to get bored of that so I layered NYC's Quick Dry In A New York Minute nail polish in Prince Street on top of that, with Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure nail polish in Hidden Treasure on the ring finger.

Also, I started getting into the whole Twitter world, you can follow me @ArezuAzad (:

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

lovve Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure!

spifftiff88 said...

Cute little haul! That purple nail polish is awesome! It looks great with Hidden Treasure on top too! I never got that polish :(

Angelys said...

Love that nail color, Savy Nail Lacquer in Deja Blue, but it looks Purple. Nice.

Donna ♥ Baby said...

i went to sallys yeserday but they were closed i was so bummed. great haul though! love the nailpolish color too :)

Ouidad Blog said...

Looks like the perfect New Years Eve nail polish! Speaking of which... I hope you have a very happy 2011! Enjoy the holidays...

Katie for Ouidad

Sofia said...

i luv the sally baked eyeshadows...

hey girly u got a response in my blog
KittenMittens said...
@Arezu, try Winners. I found 3 there but put it back when I realized it wasn't actually Too Faced. Although I kinda wish I bought it.